Friday, January 9, 2009

5 a.m.

It is now five o’clock and evident that sleep shall continue to evade me
That wonderous sensation of drifting off to another world is like a dream to me
As weird as that sounds, I wish for nothing more than to fall headfirst into slumber
But it seems this world has other things in store for me
Insomnia….
It is strange that a simple word and idea can hold so much sway over one’s life
Have so much influence on their being
I wish to no end a break from constant alertness
Its strange not sleepingIts strange not living the same way others do
I cant say that I hate it because I don’t….
The only thing that bothers me
Not laying down in bed next to my baby, my love, and staring at her beautiful face until I drift off
That would be most welcome….
But I guess I’ll wait and see
Another dawn to another day……void of sleep
Lets see what tomorrow night brings

No comments:

Post a Comment