Monday, January 19, 2009

A Playlist of a Life (Part of The Unrestricted Saga)

A pendulum swings into the night
Much like the clock of my life
A soundtrack in my head plays the theme to my existence
Bleak with some humor for good measure
Singing away the thoughts of the past, Swinging away
"The end of the innocence," or another classic tune
To draw back the sadness of my youth

I sing along, shouting words to a superior mother
Or the shell of a legume, fallen under the steps
Of so many who’ve passed over me
If only they could sense the epiphany I’ve had
That I’m on my own with the 9 crimes I’ve committed
Relishing everything I once had, but have lost
Lost into the void of existence
Bleak, tireless, and without mercy…..

Time is growing short and as my end approaches…….
Sadness at the thought that I’m the only one left who cares
I remember how it was….I remember it well
The cold water rushing over me as I comedown
And finally embrace this time that consumes me
I take this as a final act, a final cut in the performance that is my life

This is not the end, but it isn’t the beginning
No final bows, No curtain calls…….just an empty stage
To set the scene for the end
And around here you can disarm me with a smile
But it only takes a second to realize we’re in a world gone mad
A world apart, focused on prom nights and homecomings
When the only real homecoming we need is the one we get at the finish line of life
When the darkness covers us, and we are heard speaking a monologue of autumn
Just remember, no mater how long we formulate lists and speculate ideas and ideals,
Nothing gets crossed out……Nothing ever gets crossed out

Until now, as time is closing in…….And I’m drowning like a brick in water
I hear footsteps…echoing their perfect symphony, bittersweet in my ears
But now it fades and I’m left alone again….Just four walls, a pillow,
And a mind…..too bad I don’t have mirror….I’d love to see what my face looks like now
The look is as numbing as a piano song in the night….searching and performing
A requiem for my dreams……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment